Karyn has spent most of her career in sales, leadership, and supporting roles, with a passion for training, mentoring and helping others. With over 20 years of Executive and Professional Assistant experience, and a desire to live a life in health, Karyn works in the health supplement industry at Seeking Health, where she brings her years of expertise of Executive support to Dr. Lynch and team, and is proud to work for a company who is committed to educate and help you improve your health by changing and optimizing lives.
Karyn is also an Independent Business Owner of Girl on the Go, offering Professional & Personal Assistant services and Event Planning for business and personal needs, with a wide variety of skills and experience for exceptional support to help you and your business succeed, keep you organized, and bring your events to life and make memorable!
Karyn is passionate about helping children and families, being involved in the community, volunteering, and women empowering women for personal and professional growth and fulfillment. Karyn believes in "Love Big, Be Kind, and Have Grace”, and living this each day.
After moving to Bellingham in 2016, Karyn has played an active role in the local community with volunteering for various organizations and leadership opportunities including; Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellingham, The Arthritis Foundation, SheJumps, is active in coordinating and organizing outdoor activities with various groups she is involved with, as well as serving one year on the Women’s Professional Network Board as Secretary Chair.
Karyn is originally from "Big Sky Country” and is a small town girl from Montana, and has come to call Bellingham her other home. She enjoys spending time with family and friends and enjoys adventuring in the great outdoors and all that the PNW offers.
Board Position Description
President Chair Role Responsibilities:
- Attends Monthly Advisory Board Meetings
- Attends WPN Breakfast Meetings; arranges substitute to cover duties when attendance is not possible.
- Works with the Advisory Board to increase membership and attendance at WPN Breakfast meetings.
- Renders all other duties coincident with the office of President.
- Prepares agenda for Monthly Advisory Board Meetings
- Prepares Monthly Advisory Board Meeting Agenda, Breakfast Meeting Agenda, Annual Retreat Advisory Board Meeting Agenda, and Power Point Presentation for Monthly WPN Breakfast Meetings and Annual Gala & Raffle Dash
- Presides at Monthly Advisory Board Meetings and Annual Board Retreat
- Calls emergency Advisory Board meetings, as needed
- Meets with each Advisory Board Member during the third quarter of the fiscal year to discuss that member’s intent to continue or decline to serve on the Advisory Board
- Appoints Advisory Board Members with a majority vote of Advisory Board
- Governs WPN policies, programs, and activities
- Upholds WPN by-laws
- Acts as a signatory backup for the Treasurer to sign WPN checks.
- Has access to WPN financial accounts and use of WPN debit card limited to supplies related to WPN programs and activities and shall report such charges to Treasurer at following Board meeting.
- Has discretionary authority to expend up to $50 for and on behalf of WPN programs and activities
- Is designated, between regularly scheduled Advisory Board meetings, to make decisions regarding WPN policies, programs, or activities; and shall report such action(s) or event(s) at the next Advisory Board meeting
- Presides over WPN Breakfast Meetings
- Submits Monthly RSVP notification to Four Points by Sheraton including:
- Headcount prior to breakfast meeting (increase number to allow for Advisory Board, Speaker and Attendees who have failed to make a reservation.)
- Confirms number of marketing tables needed (this info to be supplied to President by Networking Chair)
- Informs Four Points by Sheraton of any changes including menu, table arrangements, meeting room requirements, etc.
- Represents WPN in all contract negotiations with any venue or business establishment hosting WPN events, activities and programs;
- Monthly WPN Breakfasts Meetings
- Monthly use of venue conference room for WPN Board Meetings
- Annual Gala & Raffle Dash
- Annual Advisory Board Retreat
- Venue for all Social/Membership Drive events
- Schedules meeting with venue selected to host Annual Gala & Raffle Dash, at least one month prior to event to discuss event layout, breakfast menu and other details regarding event
- Represents WPN in all contract negotiations, trade agreements and partnerships with third parties including event venues, service providers, etc.
- President shall report such negotiations at next board meeting.
- Manages and coordinates arrangements for Social/Membership Drives, including location, activities and catering.
- Arranges up to four (4) Speakers for Annual Speakers Panel.
- Event duties for President include:
- Work with each panelist according to event topic.
- Requests professional headshot/photo and biography for publicity purposes
- Prepares questions for panelist and submits for their review and panel preparation
- Prepares Speakers Panel Agenda
- Event duties for President include:
- Invites dignitaries to Annual Gala & Raffle Dash
- Coordinates with fundraiser beneficiaries for the prompt delivery of funds.
- Confirms funds availability with Treasurer and coordinates times and schedules with Board members for check presentation to beneficiary.
- Prepares Annual Gala Program and Event Agenda
- Arranges and presides Annual Advisory Board Retreat