Serving as the Marketing Director at CPI Plumbing & Heating, Monica Craig plays a major role in growing brand awareness, expanding to new marketing territories, and sharing the CPI mission with the community. Through her commitment to this role, she has helped continue to build CPI’s reputation for outstanding customer service, and quality workmanship for both residential and commercial plumbing, cooling and heating services. Monica is widely known for her expertise in systems and operations, marketing strategy and social media marketing.
After graduating Western Washington University, Monica never saw herself landing in the home service industry, however she has found such a passion for her work, she could not imagine being elsewhere. Monica believes that to better serve CPI customers, it is valuable for her to be involved and represent CPI Plumbing & Heating within the community. Monica serves as the Vice President of the Women’s Professional Network Board, Ambassador for the Mount Vernon Chamber, and Ambassador for the Burlington Chamber. Monica also sits on the Burlington Chamber event committee, marketing committee, and on the SICBA event committee and marketing committee. She partnered with both the Burlington & Mount Vernon Chamber to help create the monthly Marketing Mastermind Meetings to better serve local businesses in best marketing practices.
When she is not working or volunteering, Monica enjoys spending time with her husband, and fur-babies, preferably outside exploring the beautiful PNW!
Board Position Description
President Chair Role Responsibilities:
- Attends Monthly Advisory Board Meetings
- Attends WPN Breakfast Meetings; arranges substitute to cover duties when attendance is not possible.
- Works with the Advisory Board to increase membership and attendance at WPN Breakfast meetings.
- Renders all other duties coincident with the office of President.
- Prepares agenda for Monthly Advisory Board Meetings
- Prepares Monthly Advisory Board Meeting Agenda, Breakfast Meeting Agenda, Annual Retreat Advisory Board Meeting Agenda, and Power Point Presentation for Monthly WPN Breakfast Meetings and Annual Gala & Raffle Dash
- Presides at Monthly Advisory Board Meetings and Annual Board Retreat
- Calls emergency Advisory Board meetings, as needed
- Meets with each Advisory Board Member during the third quarter of the fiscal year to discuss that member’s intent to continue or decline to serve on the Advisory Board
- Appoints Advisory Board Members with a majority vote of Advisory Board
- Governs WPN policies, programs, and activities
- Upholds WPN by-laws
- Acts as a signatory backup for the Treasurer to sign WPN checks.
- Has access to WPN financial accounts and use of WPN debit card limited to supplies related to WPN programs and activities and shall report such charges to Treasurer at following Board meeting.
- Has discretionary authority to expend up to $50 for and on behalf of WPN programs and activities
- Is designated, between regularly scheduled Advisory Board meetings, to make decisions regarding WPN policies, programs, or activities; and shall report such action(s) or event(s) at the next Advisory Board meeting
- Presides over WPN Breakfast Meetings
- Submits Monthly RSVP notification to Four Points by Sheraton including:
- Headcount prior to breakfast meeting (increase number to allow for Advisory Board, Speaker and Attendees who have failed to make a reservation.)
- Confirms number of marketing tables needed (this info to be supplied to President by Networking Chair)
- Informs Four Points by Sheraton of any changes including menu, table arrangements, meeting room requirements, etc.
- Represents WPN in all contract negotiations with any venue or business establishment hosting WPN events, activities and programs;
- Monthly WPN Breakfasts Meetings
- Monthly use of venue conference room for WPN Board Meetings
- Annual Gala & Raffle Dash
- Annual Advisory Board Retreat
- Venue for all Social/Membership Drive events
- Schedules meeting with venue selected to host Annual Gala & Raffle Dash, at least one month prior to event to discuss event layout, breakfast menu and other details regarding event
- Represents WPN in all contract negotiations, trade agreements and partnerships with third parties including event venues, service providers, etc.
- President shall report such negotiations at next board meeting.
- Manages and coordinates arrangements for Social/Membership Drives, including location, activities and catering.
- Arranges up to four (4) Speakers for Annual Speakers Panel.
- Event duties for President include:
- Work with each panelist according to event topic.
- Requests professional headshot/photo and biography for publicity purposes
- Prepares questions for panelist and submits for their review and panel preparation
- Prepares Speakers Panel Agenda
- Event duties for President include:
- Invites dignitaries to Annual Gala & Raffle Dash
- Coordinates with fundraiser beneficiaries for the prompt delivery of funds.
- Confirms funds availability with Treasurer and coordinates times and schedules with Board members for check presentation to beneficiary.
- Prepares Annual Gala Program and Event Agenda
- Arranges and presides Annual Advisory Board Retreat